In our space located on the fifth and second floors of the Black building, we have all the equipment to prepare our samples, collect the EM data and analyze them:
- Edwards Auto 306 Turbo-pumped carbon evaporation system. This tool creates a clean, hydrophilic and non-reactive surface which is needed for making frozen-hydrated grids of labile macro-molecular complexes
- Manual two-sided cryo plunging unit. This system creates frozen-hydrated samples reproducibly with minimal post-blotting cooling.
- FEI Vitrobot Mark IV Vitrification robot. (Arrival December 2008). With this cryo-plunging system, parameters such as blotting time, relative humidity and temperature can be controlled for reproducible results even by inexperienced users.
Data Digitization and Screening:
- SIRA Digital diffractometer. Data can be quickly screened for image quality using this apparatus.
- ZI Photoscan 2001. This high-resolution (7 micron) scanner allows data collect on film to be digitized with great accuracy for high-resolution results.
- SPIDER image processing system,
- Cluster and computing facilities,